IUPAT District council 7 is taking applications for immediate employment in the Madison area for journeyworker painters.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to lift/move 50 lbs.
- High school diploma/GED or close to completion of GED.
- 6th grade reading and math level.
- Ability to pass trade tests.
- Reliable transportation.
- Previous work history.
- Ability to pass a drug screen.
Knowledge, skills and experience needed:
- Must be able to distinguish between different substrates and have the ability to apply multiple types of coatings.
- The ability properly mask and protect areas not being painted.
- Properly and safely use an airless sprayer.
- Good brush and roller skills including the ability to “cut” a straight line.
- Wood finishing skills
- Drywall patching
- Vinyl and wall covering experience a plus.
- Ability to work at heights.
- The ability to work in a safe manner and take required safety training if needed are necessary. OSHA 10, First Aid, Scaffolding, and aerial lift training are required in the first 3 months of employment. Safety and upgrade training will be provided at no cost to employees.
- Screening by industry professionals, including written and hands-on testing may be required.
Wage is $28.25 per hour plus benefits. Overtime is available.